Terms and Conditions
No part of this Website is intended to constitute a contractual offer capable of acceptance. Your order constitutes a contractual offer and Our acceptance of that offer is deemed to occur upon Our sending a confirmation email to you indicating that your order has been accepted.
1. Definitions, Indemnification, Limitation of Liability
Indemnification. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless SSCE, its parent company, its affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from and against all claims, actions, suits or proceedings, as well as any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys fees) arising out of or accruing from (i) any material posted or otherwise provided by you that infringes any copyright, trademark, trade secret. trade dress, patent or other intellectual property right of any person or defames any person or violates their rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) any misrepresentation made by you in connection with your use of the Website; (iii) any noncompliance by you with the terms of this Agreement; and (iv) any claims brought by persons or entities other than you or SSCE arising from or related to your access and use of the Website, including the information obtained through the Website; (v) your use of services; (vi) your breach of the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL SSCE, ITS PARENT COMPANY, OFFICERS, OR EMPLOYEES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DIRECT OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR EXPENSES ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE OR ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS OR LINE OR SYSTEM FAILURE, EVEN IF SSCE, ITS PARENT COMPANY, OFFICERS, OR EMPLOYEES OR REPRESENTATIVES THEREOF ARE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR EXPENSES. SSCE, ITS PARENT COMPANY, OFFICERS, OR EMPLOYEES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENCES OF YOUR RELIANCE ON ANY ADVICE, OPINIONS, STATEMENTS, OR RECOMMENDATIONS THAT APPEAR ON OR ARE DISSEMINATED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE. ANY SUCH RELIANCE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. SSCE, ITS PARENT COMPANY, OFFICERS, OR EMPLOYEES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY USER OF THE WEBSITE. CERTIFICATION BY SSCE IS NOT AN ENDORSEMENT OR GUARANTEE OF THE CERTIFIED ENTITIES BY THE ASSOCIATION. YOU AGREE TO ABSOLVE THE ASSOCIATION FROM LIABILITY TO THOSE WHO ARE CERTIFIED, AND TO HOLD THE ASSOCIATION HARMLESS BY THOSE INJURED BY THE ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF CERTIFIED ENTITIES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG IMPLIED WARRANTIES MAY LAST, SO THE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. No Warranties. THE INFORMATION AND MATERIALS CONTAINED IN THIS WEBSITE, INCLUDING TEXT, GRAPHICS, LINKS, AND OTHER ITEMS ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS. SSCE, ITS PARENT COMPANY, OFFICERS, OR EMPLOYEES DO NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY, ADEQUACY, OR COMPLETENESS OF THE INFORMATION AND MATERIALS AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS LIABILITY FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE INFORMATION AND MATERIALS. NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS, IS GIVEN IN CONNECTION WITH THE INFORMATION AND MATERIALS.
2. Age Restrictions
3. Business Customers
4. Intellectual Property
- 4.1 Subject to the exceptions in Clause 5 of these Terms and Conditions, all Content included on the Website, unless uploaded by Users, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, icons, images, sound clips, video clips, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software is the property of Six Sigma Certification, our affiliates or other relevant third parties. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that such material is protected by applicable United States law and International intellectual property and other laws.
- 4.2 Subject to Clause 6 you may not reproduce, copy, distribute, store or in any other fashion re-use material from the Website unless otherwise indicated on the Website or unless given Our express written permission to do so.
5. Third Party Intellectual Property
- 5.1 Unless otherwise expressly indicated, all Intellectual Property rights including, but not limited to, Copyright and Trademarks, in product images and descriptions belong to the manufacturers or distributors of such products as may be applicable.
- 5.2 Subject to Clause 6 you may not reproduce, copy, distribute, store or in any other fashion re-use such material unless otherwise indicated on the Website or unless given express written permission to do so by the relevant manufacturer or supplier.
6. Fair Use of Intellectual Property
7. Links to Other Websites
8. Links to this Website
9. Use of Communications Facilities
- 9.1 When using any System on the Website you should do so in accordance with the following rules. Failure to comply with these rules may result in your Account being suspended or closed:
- 9.1.1 You must not use obscene or vulgar language;
- 9.1.2 You must not submit Content that is unlawful or otherwise objectionable. This includes, but is not limited to, Content that is abusive, threatening, harassing, defamatory, ageist, sexist or racist;
- 9.1.3 You must not submit Content that is intended to promote or incite violence;
- 9.1.4 It is advised that submissions are made using the English language as We may be unable to respond to enquiries submitted in any other languages;
- 9.1.5 The means by which you identify yourself must not violate these Terms and Conditions or any applicable laws;
- 9.1.6 You must not impersonate other people, particularly employees and representatives of Six Sigma Certification or Our affiliates; and
- 9.1.7 You must not use Our System for unauthorised mass-communication such as "spam" or "junk mail".
- 9.2 You acknowledge that Six Sigma Certification reserves the right to monitor any and all communications made to Us or using Our System.
- 9.3 You acknowledge that Six Sigma Certification may retain copies of any and all communications made to Us or using Our System.
- 9.4 You acknowledge that any information you send to Us through Our System may be modified by Us in any way and you hereby waive your moral right to be identified as the author of such information. Any restrictions you may wish to place upon Our use of such information must be communicated to Us in advance and We reserve the right to reject such terms and associated information.
- 10.1 In order to procure Services on this Website and to use certain other parts of the System, you are required to create an Account which will contain certain personal details and Payment Information which may vary based upon your use of the Website as We may not require payment information until you wish to make a purchase. By continuing to use this Websiteyou represent and warrant that:
- 10.1.1 all information you submit is accurate and truthful;
- 10.1.2 you have permission to submit Payment Information where permission may be required; and
- 10.1.3 you will keep this information accurate and up-to-date. Your creation of an Account is further affirmation of your representation and warranty.
- 10.2 It is recommended that you do not share your Account details, particularly your username and password. We accept no liability for any losses or damages incurred as a result of your Account details being shared by you. If you use a shared computer, it is recommended that you do not save your Account details in your internet browser.
- 10.3 If you have reason to believe that your Account details have been obtained by another person without consent, you should contact Us immediately to suspend your Account and cancel any unauthorised orders or payments that may be pending. Please be aware that orders or payments can only be cancelled up until provision of Services has commenced. In the event that an unauthorised provision commences prior to your notifying Us of the unauthorised nature of the order or payment then you shall be charged for the period from the commencement of the provision of services until the date you notified us and may be charged for a billing cycle of one month.
- 10.4 When choosing your username you are required to adhere to the terms set out above in Clause 9. Any failure to do so could result in the suspension and/or deletion of your Account.
11. Termination and Cancellation of Accounts
- 11.1 Either SSCE or you may terminate your Account. If We terminate your Account, you will be notified by email and an explanation for the termination will be provided. Notwithstanding the foregoing, We reserve the right to terminate without giving reasons.
- 11.2 If We terminate your Account, any current or pending orders or payments on your Account will be cancelled and provision of Services will not commence.
12. Services, Pricing and Availability
- 12.1 Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that all general descriptions of Services available from Six Sigma Certification correspond to the actual Services that will be provided to you, We are not responsible for any variations from these descriptions as the exact nature of the Services may vary depending on your individual requirements and circumstances. This does not exclude Our liability for mistakes due to negligence on Our part and refers only to variations of the correct Services, not different Services altogether. Please refer to sub-Clause 13.8 for incorrect Services.
- 12.2 Where appropriate, you may be required to select the required Plan of Services.
- 12.3 We neither represent nor warrant that such Services will be available at all times and cannot necessarily confirm availability until confirming your Order. Availability indications are not provided on the Website.
- 12.4 All pricing information on the Website is correct at the time of going online. We reserve the right to change prices and alter or remove any special offers from time to time and as necessary.
- 12.5 In the event that prices are changed during the period between an order being placed for Services and Us processing that order and taking payment, then the price that was valid at the time of the order shall be used.
13. Orders and Provision of Services
- 13.1 No part of this Website constitutes a contractual offer capable of acceptance. Your order constitutes a contractual offer that We may, at Our sole discretion, accept. Our acceptance is indicated by Us sending to you an order confirmation email. Only once We have sent you an order confirmation email will there be a binding contract between Six Sigma Certification and you.
- 13.2 Order confirmations under sub-Clause 13.1 will be sent to you before the Services begin and shall contain the following information:
- 13.2.1 Confirmation of the Services ordered including full details of the main characteristics of those Services;
- 13.2.2 Fully itemised pricing for the Services ordered including, where appropriate, taxes, delivery and other additional charges;
- 13.2.3 Relevant times and dates for the provision of the Services;
- 13.2.4 User credentials and relevant information for accessing those services.
- 13.3 If We, for any reason, do not accept your order, no payment shall be taken under normal circumstances. In any event, any sums paid by you in relation to that order will be refunded within 14 calendar days.
- 13.4 Payment for the Services shall be taken via your chosen payment method, immediately for any setup fee that corresponds to the service plan you purchased and at the same day of each subsequent month (“billing cycle”) for charges accrued during the previous month (“billing cycle”) AND/OR as indicated in the order confirmation you received.
- 13.5 We aim to fulfill your Order within 2-3 working days or if not, within a reasonable period following your Order, unless there are exceptional circumstances. If we cannot fulfill your Order within a reasonable period, we will inform you at the time you place the Order by a note on the relevant web page or by contacting you directly after you place your Order. Time is not of the essence of the Contract, which means we will aim to fulfill your Order within any agreed timescales but this is not an essential term of the Contract and we will not be liable to you if we do not do so. If the Services are to begin within 14 calendar days of Our acceptance of your order, at your express request, you will be required to expressly acknowledge that your statutory cancellation rights, detailed below in Clause 14, will be affected.
- 13.6 Six Sigma Certification shall use all Our reasonable endeavours to provide the Services with reasonable skill and care, commensurate with best trade practice.
- 13.7 In the event that Services are provided that are not in conformity with your order and thus incorrect, you should contact Us immediately to inform Us of the mistake. We will ensure that any necessary corrections are made within five (5) working days.
- Additional terms and conditions may apply to the provision of certain Services. You will be asked to read and confirm your acceptance of any such terms and conditions when completing your Order.
- 13.8 Six Sigma Certification provides technical support via our online support forum and/or phone. Six Sigma Certification makes every effort possible to respond in a timely manner but we do not guarantee a particular response time.
14. Cancellation of Orders and Services
- 14.1 If you are a consumer based within the European Union, you have a statutory right to a “cooling off” period. This period begins once your order is confirmed and the contract between Six Sigma Certification and you is formed and ends at the end of 14 calendar days after that date. If you change your mind about the Services within this period and wish to cancel your order, please inform Us immediately using the following email: [email protected]. Your right to cancel during the cooling off period is subject to the provisions of sub-Clause 14.2.
- 14.2 As specified in sub-Clause 13.6, if the Services are to begin within the cooling off period you are required to make an express request to that effect. By requesting that the Services begin within the 14 calendar day cooling off period you acknowledge and agree to the following:
- 14.2.1 If the Services are fully performed within the 14 calendar day cooling off period, you will lose your right to cancel after the Services are complete.
- 14.2.2 If you cancel the Services after provision has begun but is not yet complete you will still be required to pay for the Services supplied up until the point at which you inform Us that you wish to cancel. The amount due shall be calculated in proportion to the full price of the Services and the actual Services already provided. Any sums that have already been paid for the Services shall be refunded subject to deductions calculated in accordance with the foregoing. Refunds, where applicable, will be issued within 5 working days and in any event no later than 14 calendar days after you inform Us that you wish to cancel.
- 14.3 Cancellation of Services after the 14 calendar day cooling off period has elapsed shall be subject to the specific terms governing those Services and may be subject to a minimum contract duration.
16. How We Use Your Personal Information (Data Protection)
- 16.1 All personal information that We may collect (including, but not limited to, your name and address) will be collected, used and held in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and your rights under that Act.
- 16.2 We may use your personal information to:
- 16.2.1 Provide Our Services to you;
- 16.2.2 Process your payment for the Services; and
- 16.2.3 Inform you of new products and services available from Us. You may request that We stop sending you this information at any time.
- 16.3 In certain circumstances (if, for example, you wish to purchase Services on credit), and with your consent, We may pass your personal information on to credit reference agencies. These agencies are also bound by the Data Protection Act 1998 and should use and hold your personal information accordingly.
- 16.4 We will not pass on your personal information to any other third parties without first obtaining your express permission.
- 17.1 We make no warranty or representation that the Website will meet your requirements, that it will be of satisfactory quality, that it will be fit for a particular purpose, that it will not infringe the rights of third parties, that it will be compatible with all systems, that it will be secure and that all information provided will be accurate. We make no guarantee of any specific results from the use of our Service or Services.
- 17.2 No part of this Website is intended to constitute advice and the Content of this Website should not be relied upon when making any decisions or taking any action of any kind.
- 17.3 No part of this Website is intended to constitute a contractual offer capable of acceptance.
- 17.4 Whilst We use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, you are strongly advised to take responsibility for your own internet security, that of your personal details and your computers.
- 17.4 By using this website or website subdomains and/or purchasing items from our website, or by using this website to gather information, you agree to the terms listed below. You understand that the SSCE is not guaranteeing that you will get a promotion or job simply because you have taken one of our certification programs or received a certification. Generally, certifications on a resume can highlight an individuals skills, however not all hiring managers / companies view education or certifications the same way. You could make MORE or LESS than what is described throughout our website. Your certification MAY or MAY NOT be recognized by current or future employers, partners, business associates. You are NOT required to purchase a membership to do business with us or take a training course. We do NOT provide any assistance or advice for operating any type of business, getting a promotion or job. We are strictly a certification provider who provides certification tests in exchange for payment. The level to which an employer accepts a certification from any institution is always at their sole discretion.
- 17.5 This website, trademarks, and copyrights are wholly owned by Management and Strategy Institute.
18. Changes to the Facilities and these Terms and Conditions
19. Availability of the Website
- 19.1 The Website is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. Six Sigma Certification uses industry best practices to provide a high uptime, including a fault-tolerant architecture hosted in cloud servers. We give no warranty that the Website or Facilities will be free of defects and / or faults and we do not provide any kind of refund for outages. We provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality.
- 19.2 We accept no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website resulting from external causes including, but not limited to, ISP equipment failure, host equipment failure, communications network failure, power failure, natural events, acts of war or legal restrictions and censorship.
20. California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
1) You acknowledge and agree
that Personal Information that you disclose to SSCE and its parent company is
provided to SSCE and its parent company for the parties’ business
purposes. We may receive Personal Information for the purpose of
performing the Service described on this website and in these Terms. We agree
that we will process such Personal Information on your behalf and will not sell
the Personal Information. SSCE and its parent company does retain the
right to transfer your consumer data to a new owner should there be a sale of SSCE
and its parent company to a buyer, in whole or in part.
2) You may access your data at sixsigmacertification.education 24/7. SSCE and its parent company collects the minimum amount of data needed to process your certifications. Your data can be viewed under your "Account" tab.
3) You may request that your data be removed from sixsigmacertification.education at any time. Removal of information may limit SSCE and its parent company data verification abilities for certifications. To request erasure, contact us via our contact form.
4) SSCE and its parent company does not sell personal data.
5) Right of Non-Discrimination - You have the right to not be discriminated against if you exercise these privacy rights. We will not discriminate against you, charge different prices for, or provide a different quality of goods or services if you choose to exercise these rights.
6) How we secure your information - We take reasonable measures, including administrative, technical, and physical safeguards, to protect your information from loss, theft, and misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Nevertheless, the internet is not a 100% secure environment, and we cannot guarantee absolute security of the transmission or storage of your information. We hold information about you both at our own premises and with the assistance of third-party service providers.
7) Location Information - SSCE and its parent company may request access to location information, including geolocation information (DNS information) collected from your device for fraud detection and certification verification. If you do not consent to this, you should not use our services.
8) Storage and processing - we may use third-party service providers to process and store your information in the United States, Canada, and countries outside North America.
9) The SSCE and its parent company retains a permanent record of our members basic account details provided during registration. The members course information, including dates and scores are also retained.
21. No Waiver
22. Previous Terms and Conditions
23. Third Party Rights
- 24.1 All notices / communications shall be given to Us either by post to Our Premises (see address above) or by email to [email protected]. Such notice will be deemed received 3 days after posting if sent by first class post, the day of sending if the email is received in full on a business day and on the next business day if the email is sent on a weekend or public holiday.
- 24.2 We may from time to time, if you opt to receive it, send you information about Our products and/or services. If you do not wish to receive such information, please click on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in any email which you receive from Us.